file compare utilities - directory at a time?

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 11, 2006
      I think someone has previously talked here or in clips about ways to
      compare files between two directories and identify the differences. I
      am seeing several utilities for this purpose, but it isn't something I
      do often, so I am hoping to find a low/no cost solution for it.

      Any suggestions?

      I don't really want to do one file at a time as there are maybe 150
      files in several subdirectories.
    • John Zeman
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 11, 2006
        --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...>
        wrote:

        > I think someone has previously talked here or in clips about ways to
        > compare files between two directories and identify the differences. I
        > am seeing several utilities for this purpose, but it isn't something I
        > do often, so I am hoping to find a low/no cost solution for it.
        >
        > Any suggestions?
        >
        > I don't really want to do one file at a time as there are maybe 150
        > files in several subdirectories.

        Don amongst other tools I have used ExamDiff Pro for doing this. It's
        only $20 and compares directories and individual files. Link follows:

        http://www.prestosoft.com/ps.asp?page=edp_examdiffpro

        John
      • Tony McClelland
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 12, 2006
          > Don amongst other tools I have used ExamDiff Pro for doing this. It's
          > only $20 and compares directories and individual files. Link follows:
          >
          > http://www.prestosoft.com/ps.asp?page=edp_examdiffpro

          I find the free version of ExamDiff does the job well enough for me. But
          if Don visits the prestosoft website he can compare the features of the
          two versions.

          --
          Tony