Re: .PPS does not open

  • John Zeman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10, 2006
      --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <ebrown1927@...> wrote:

      > When I try to open a power point slide show, I am told: "This file
      does not
      > have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an
      > association the the Folder Operating Control Panel.
      >
      > I went, I looked and I saw: it does have a program associated with
      it. The
      > program associated with it is Power Point Viewer. To be positive, I
      said
      > add and directed it to the power point viewer located in Microsoft
      Office.
      > Yet it still tells me that I do not have a program associated with
      the file
      > to be opened.
      >
      > I am using XP Home on an HP Pavilion with AMD Athlon 64 in a
      Notebook. 1 gig
      > of memory. Where am I going wrong.
      > Ed

      Ed, Windows makes file associations a bit of a challenge at times. If
      I were you I'd delete the association you found for .pps files, then
      double click on a .pps file again. You should get the same prompt
      again. In that prompt navigate to powerpoint or the powerpoint viewer
      to add a new .pps file type and you should be good to go.

      John