Re: [Clip] Replacing Word quotes and apostrophes

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2006
      Sharon wrote:
      > Never mind that last message, after a lot of searching here, I found
      > someone who did a clip that did half of what I needed, and then
      > altered it to do the rest. Thanks to hsavage, who posted the initial
      > clip! If anyone else is interested in how to do this, the altered clip
      > that works for me is:
      >
      > ;Replaces curly quotes with standard quotes
      > ; char 147 = left double quote
      > ^!Replace "^$DecToChar(147)$" >> "^$DecToChar(34)$" TIWSA
      > ; char 148 = right double quote
      > ^!Replace "^$DecToChar(148)$" >> "^$DecToChar(34)$" TIWSA
      >

      > ;Replaces Word type of apostrophes with standard apostrophes
      > ^!Replace "^$DecToChar(145)$" >> "^$DecToChar(39)$" TIWSA
      > ; this apostrophe leans to the left
      > ^!Replace "^$DecToChar(146)$" >> "^$DecToChar(39)$" TIWSA

      Yikes, this should probably go off topic, so I'll copy it there. I just
      went to yahoo groups to seach for my old post. It appears that if I
      include three words in the search "smart quote libriarian" it uses OR to
      seach and thus turns up any message with ANY of the three words. In the
      past it used AND. I click on advanced search and it provides no way I
      see to use AND logic.

      I might have to dig out that search notetab clips list on google clip we
      did a while back ... except I probably cannot find it ... cause I cannot
      search for it.