good dlls, or bad?

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2006
      The two dlls listed below was found by my register tweaker but it does not know what to do with them and tells me that they could bad or good.
      I am not sure what deskpan.dll does but a lot of people want to sell you something to remove it. But if it is a part of the OS what would I want to remove it? Some suggest these are orphans and can be safely deleted others say the deskpan.dll is sometimes needed.
      deskpan.dll
      Part Of: Microsoft Windows Operating System
      System DLL: No
      DLL Name: Display Panning CPL Extension

      The fde.dll is on the net to be downloaded if you want it and to be removed if you do not want it. Is it good or not, any ideas?

      fde.dll. One page suggests it is a trojan horse and you should get rid of it. Is that right? My spyware scanner found it but was not sure what I should do with it>

      File description: Folder Redirection Snapin Extension, v. 5.1.2600.0
      Filesize to download: 54.5 kb
      Recommendation for fde.dll:
      To get control over your running programs we suggest WinTasks 5 Pro
      Remove fde.dll: Use WinTasks
      Fix fde.dll Errors: Free Registry Scan

      When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone,
      it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less.
      -- Lewis Carroll