Re: [NTB] Re: multiple favorite folders

  • Alec Burgess(g)
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4 1:44 PM
      Tiptoe:
      I've been following the multiple solutions proposed to your multiple
      favorites folders question with interest and if you still haven't come up
      with something satisfactory I thought I offers something a little off the
      wall ...

      say you have manually create three folders in your notetab program files
      folder (ie. C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro) say
      C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Favs1, C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Favs2,
      C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Favs3 then use a set of batch files which
      before starting notetab delete all the contents of the real C:\Program
      Files\NoteTab Pro\Favorites and then copy all the files in C:\Program
      Files\NoteTab Pro\Favs1,2, or 3 to it. Upon exit from Notetab your batch
      file should copy the contents of the real Favorites folder back to
      Favs1,2,or3 (in case you changed Favorites from within Notetab)

      Downside: you can only invoke one of these at a time (and if Notetab or your
      system crashes you might have to do some cleanup to restore a "correct"
      Favorites folder.

      If you're using Win2K or WinXP (ie not Win9x) and NTFS file system (ie. not
      FAT32) you might be able to use sym-links (ie. before starting Notetab have
      your batch file change the real Favorites folder point to one of your
      Favs1,2,or3)

      see Sysinternals free program Junction
      http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Junction.html for how to accomplish
      this.

      Note any further discussion of this *very* offtopic should be targeted to
      the Notetab off-topic list (to which I've copied this)
      ntb-offTopic@yahoogroups.com join at

      Regards ... Alec
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5 4:49 AM
        Tiptoe:

        Another off the wall solution is to install multiple copies of Notetab
        where each would have its on copy of the favorites folder, ie. into
        C:\program files\notetab1, C:\program files\notetab2, etc. Then set up
        separate shortcuts on your desktop (or wherever) to point to each
        instance of the Notetab installations.

        Vance