Re: [NTO] Re: Problems with NTP: long loading time

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 10, 2000
      Hi Knut,

      > 3.) After more than 30(!) seconds I see the file in NTP
      > On other occasions the explorer task gets 99% of CPU usage for
      > a long time.

      That certainly changes the subject from NoteTab. ;) You did not
      mention that originally, or I missed it. Anyway, along with what
      Jim mentioned, you might do a Scandisk and Defrag. You might
      find out though since it was such a sudden appearance that you
      got a file corrupted somehow whether by a crash or a new
      installation of a program or whatever. As I mentioned when you
      first wrote, I had a similar problem with Eudora opening the
      first message on startup extremely slow and the reply, but once I
      did that it ran fine. It started when I clicked on ICQ and it
      crashed both it and Eudora. A new install of ICQ and Eudora did
      not fix it. Reinstalling Windows over the old did not help, but
      when I reinstalled Windows all was well.

      I use to troubleshoot all my problems for days which I enjoyed!
      Won a few and lost a few, but I don't have the time for it
      anymore. I found that most the problems could have been cleared
      up with a new install of Windows which would have taken sometimes
      a 1/4th of the time I spent troubleshooting. I sure did learn
      some things on the way thought. <g> I still go though all my
      basic checks for obvious things, but after that if it is pointing
      towards software it is "nuke Windows" time.

      mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@...