The not genuine message

  • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
    Message 1 of 2 , May 23, 2006
      I bought my computer from a store that put them together. I took a Microsoft download of
      upgrade and as a result get a message that the software is not genuine when starting and
      finishing. I paid the full and proper price and now have to put up with this graffiti. Other than
      paying again, how can I get rid of this graffiti? Presumably this is now impossible. I did not even
      want any sodding upgrades.

      Meanwhile, let this be a warning to others. Accept nothing you do not actually want.

      Adrian Worsfold

      http://www.pluralist.co.uk
    • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
      Message 2 of 2 , May 24, 2006
        Thanks for the information. The effect on the screen is nasty, plus they cause a slow countdown
        to continue use.

        The immediate solution (should it happen to anyone else) is to go to System Update and go
        back before the invasion, then block automatic updates.

        Microsoft has lost any goodwill I had towards it.

        Adrian Worsfold

        http://www.pluralist.co.uk