Unable to open hotmail through Firefox

  • Bruce Meyers
    Message 1 of 3 , May 15 1:52 PM
      To all NoteTabers who use Firefox:

      For the last few months I have been opening my hotmail e-mail through
      Firefox. In the last couple of days when I click on hotmail I get
      nowhere. I can open the hotmail account through IE-6, Opera 8.5, and
      Netscape 7.1, but not with Firefox 1.5.0.3
      Many of you use Firefox regularly so I am hoping you might be able to
      tell me when has happened that is keeping me from opening hotmail. Or
      what has recently changed in Firefox that might be causing this to
      happen.
      I can get to MSN.com with Firefox but when I try go anywhere else
      nothing happens. [Javascript is temporarily enabled for hotmail.com]
      Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
      Bruce
    • Bob Janes
      Message 2 of 3 , May 15 11:04 PM
        Hi Bruce,

        Bruce Meyers wrote:
        > To all NoteTabers who use Firefox:

        No problem here with Firefox 1.5.0.3 - though I did notice that I had to
        re-enter my passport details the other day when I tried to access another MS
        site, something to do with LiveID I recall.

        Best wishes

        Bob
      • Bruce Meyers
        Message 3 of 3 , May 16 6:26 AM
          I found the problem. Somehow the checkbox to enable Javascript was unchecked. When I replaced the check and restarted Firefox I was able to open hotmail again.
          I have no idea how that happened. I know that I did not do it intentionally.
          The checkbox was found in Firefox at Tools->options ->security tab