Re: [NTO] Download Netscape Setup File???

  • Jeff Scism
    Message 1 of 7 , May 8, 2006
      Netscape no longer includes the Mail client in teh Browser, BUT the
      (SAME essentially) program that you desire is Mozilla
      http://www.mozilla.com/ It is an open source evolved version of Netscape.

      ~~

      Jeffery Scism,
      USGenWeb Project Local Coordinator Rep
      NC/NE region

      Jody wrote:

      >Hi All,
      >
      >Does anybody know how I can download Netscape with the mail
      >portion of it too in a full setup version instead of downloading
      >the installer and having it do the installation itself. I'm still
      >on a 56K connection and want the full installation file. I looked
      >for a way, but could not find it.
      >
      >Happy Topics,
      >Jody
      >
      >The NoteTab Off-Topic List
      >mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      >
      >All Fookes Software mailing lists and more...
      >http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
      >http://www.fookes.us/redir http://www.clean-funnies.com/
      >http://www.notetab.net/ http://www.sojourner.us/software
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Jeff Scism
      Message 2 of 7 , May 8, 2006
        Sorry wrong link- Mozilla Suite
        http://www.mozilla.org/products/mozilla1.x/

        ~~

        Jody wrote:

        >Hi All,
        >
        >Does anybody know how I can download Netscape with the mail
        >portion of it too in a full setup version instead of downloading
        >the installer and having it do the installation itself. I'm still
        >on a 56K connection and want the full installation file. I looked
        >for a way, but could not find it.
        >
        >Happy Topics,
        >Jody
        >
        >The NoteTab Off-Topic List
        >mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >
        >All Fookes Software mailing lists and more...
        >http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
        >http://www.fookes.us/redir http://www.clean-funnies.com/
        >http://www.notetab.net/ http://www.sojourner.us/software
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Alex Plantema
        Message 3 of 7 , May 8, 2006
          Op maandag 8 mei 2006 20:36 schreef Jody:

          > Does anybody know how I can download Netscape with the mail
          > portion of it too in a full setup version instead of downloading
          > the installer and having it do the installation itself. I'm still
          > on a 56K connection and want the full installation file. I looked
          > for a way, but could not find it.

          It's probably the full installer on http://browser.netscape.com/ns8/download/
          what you're looking for.

          Alex.
          Message 4 of 7 , May 8, 2006
            Hi Alex, Jeff, Al, Others,

            Thanks! I actually needed Netscape 7.1 for the mail portion to
            test Aid4Mail with. I'll see if v8.1 has it still. (I read your
            post Jeff about them taking it out of the browser.) I have
            Mozilla Mail and browser and know they are basically the same,
            but I have to support users with 7.1. :)

            >> Does anybody know how I can download Netscape with the mail
            >> portion of it too in a full setup version instead of downloading
            >> the installer and having it do the installation itself. I'm still
            >> on a 56K connection and want the full installation file. I looked
            >> for a way, but could not find it.
            >
            >It's probably the full installer on http://browser.netscape.com/ns8/download/
            >what you're looking for.
            >
            >Alex.
            >

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

            http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
          • Barry
            Message 5 of 7 , May 8, 2006
              It's an 18Mb file with a 56k modem connection?!! Good luck.

              Take care. Barry UK