Re: [NTO] Download Netscape Setup File???

  • Al (Alvaro) Guevara
    Message 1 of 7 , May 8, 2006
      Any and all browsers your little heart desires.
      http://browsers.evolt.org/

      ***** REPLY SEPARATOR ***** REPLY SEPARATOR *****
      On 5/8/2006 at the time 1:36 PM Jody wrote:

      >Hi All,
      >
      >Does anybody know how I can download Netscape with the mail
      >portion of it too in a full setup version instead of downloading
      >the installer and having it do the installation itself. I'm still
      >on a 56K connection and want the full installation file. I looked
      >for a way, but could not find it.

    • Jeff Scism
      Message 2 of 7 , May 8, 2006
        Netscape no longer includes the Mail client in teh Browser, BUT the
        (SAME essentially) program that you desire is Mozilla
        http://www.mozilla.com/ It is an open source evolved version of Netscape.

        ~~

        Jeffery Scism,
        USGenWeb Project Local Coordinator Rep
        NC/NE region

        Jody wrote:

        >Hi All,
        >
        >Does anybody know how I can download Netscape with the mail
        >portion of it too in a full setup version instead of downloading
        >the installer and having it do the installation itself. I'm still
        >on a 56K connection and want the full installation file. I looked
        >for a way, but could not find it.
        >
        >Happy Topics,
        >Jody
        >
        >The NoteTab Off-Topic List
        >mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >
        >All Fookes Software mailing lists and more...
        >http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
        >http://www.fookes.us/redir http://www.clean-funnies.com/
        >http://www.notetab.net/ http://www.sojourner.us/software
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jeff Scism
        Message 3 of 7 , May 8, 2006
          Sorry wrong link- Mozilla Suite
          http://www.mozilla.org/products/mozilla1.x/

          ~~

          Jody wrote:

          >Hi All,
          >
          >Does anybody know how I can download Netscape with the mail
          >portion of it too in a full setup version instead of downloading
          >the installer and having it do the installation itself. I'm still
          >on a 56K connection and want the full installation file. I looked
          >for a way, but could not find it.
          >
          >Happy Topics,
          >Jody
          >
          >The NoteTab Off-Topic List
          >mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
          >
          >All Fookes Software mailing lists and more...
          >http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
          >http://www.fookes.us/redir http://www.clean-funnies.com/
          >http://www.notetab.net/ http://www.sojourner.us/software
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Alex Plantema
          Message 4 of 7 , May 8, 2006
            Op maandag 8 mei 2006 20:36 schreef Jody:

            > Does anybody know how I can download Netscape with the mail
            > portion of it too in a full setup version instead of downloading
            > the installer and having it do the installation itself. I'm still
            > on a 56K connection and want the full installation file. I looked
            > for a way, but could not find it.

            It's probably the full installer on http://browser.netscape.com/ns8/download/
            what you're looking for.

            Alex.
            Message 5 of 7 , May 8, 2006
              Hi Alex, Jeff, Al, Others,

              Thanks! I actually needed Netscape 7.1 for the mail portion to
              test Aid4Mail with. I'll see if v8.1 has it still. (I read your
              post Jeff about them taking it out of the browser.) I have
              Mozilla Mail and browser and know they are basically the same,
              but I have to support users with 7.1. :)

              >> Does anybody know how I can download Netscape with the mail
              >> portion of it too in a full setup version instead of downloading
              >> the installer and having it do the installation itself. I'm still
              >> on a 56K connection and want the full installation file. I looked
              >> for a way, but could not find it.
              >
              >It's probably the full installer on http://browser.netscape.com/ns8/download/
              >what you're looking for.
              >
              >Alex.
              >

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

              http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
            • Barry
              Message 6 of 7 , May 8, 2006
                It's an 18Mb file with a 56k modem connection?!! Good luck.

                Take care. Barry UK