Re: [NTO] Network Problem .... ??

  • bscott022@hughes.net
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 30, 2006
      hi Larry .... I can use tinyvnc to get to the other computer from the
      problem computer .... but I cannot use network nieghborhood to logon to
      the same computer from the problem computer .... network id is greyed
      out and when I try to use "add a new connection" it cannot find the
      workgroup ?? When I go to the "add a new connection" folder it says I
      do not have permission to read the folder and I am logged in as
      Adminstrator. Thanks for the link .... anything else come to mind ...
      this one is a real knee slapper ?? Ma and Pa in Corning Ca.
    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 30, 2006
        bscott022@... wrote:
        > hi Larry .... I can use tinyvnc to get to the other computer from the
        > problem computer .... but I cannot use network nieghborhood to logon to
        > the same computer from the problem computer .... network id is greyed
        > out and when I try to use "add a new connection" it cannot find the
        > workgroup ?? When I go to the "add a new connection" folder it says I
        > do not have permission to read the folder and I am logged in as
        > Adminstrator. Thanks for the link .... anything else come to mind ...
        > this one is a real knee slapper ?? Ma and Pa in Corning Ca.
        Bill,

        Let me ask around at the office tomorrow and see what suggestions we can
        come up with.

        Larry
      • Larry Hamilton
        Message 3 of 16 , May 1, 2006
          Bill,

          I just emailed your the rough draft of a PDF I put together.

          If it solves your problem, after I clean it up I will post it on my site and
          share the link here.

          Larry Hamilton
          Kairos Computer Solutions
          http://www.kairoscomputers.com/