Problem with NoteTab

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2006
      I am not sure where this goes, it might be NoteTab basic, but it seems
      slightly more than basic but then I am not sure how how much basic may
      cover.

      Problem: suddenly one day this week I started writing some on my page. When
      I clicked on the IE button nothing SEEMED to happen. After several minutes
      of frustration I noticed the dark blue bar at the very top of the page would
      lighten. I clicked on the minus button and there was the IE page behind
      NoteTab Pro.

      I looked into NoteTab and found that I have two NoteTab.ini files. Did I
      read somewhere you can delete the NoteTab ini file and it would rebuild
      itself when you brought NoteTab Pro back up after rebooting the computer. I
      am not sure if they are duplicates or not, so I do not know which one I
      should remove. And since I do not have Word on this computer, I am using
      instead Open Office and I do not have a spell checker with IE and Microsoft
      will not let me use another spell checker.
      Thanks
      Ed

      The whole world doth err save you and me, and even thou doest err some!
      -- Unknown
    • Don - htmlfixit.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27, 2006
        Ed wrote:
        > I am not sure where this goes, it might be NoteTab basic, but it seems
        > slightly more than basic but then I am not sure how how much basic may
        > cover.
        >
        > Problem: suddenly one day this week I started writing some on my page. When
        > I clicked on the IE button nothing SEEMED to happen. After several minutes
        > of frustration I noticed the dark blue bar at the very top of the page would
        > lighten. I clicked on the minus button and there was the IE page behind
        > NoteTab Pro.

        Ed,

        Try clicking on the notetab icon in the top left corner of notetab when
        it is open and see if by any chance on the pop-up menu "stay on top"
        happens to be checked. If so, uncheck it.

        Don
      • Ed
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 27, 2006
          Thanks Don,
          that was the problem and I do not know when I checked it.