Re: [NTO] Re: Fast ADSL - what to expect?

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 21, 2006
      abairheart wrote:
      >To test what your ISP's best bandwidth is you have to arrange for a
      >connection as close as possible to yours, that has the same supposed
      >speed, and can provide a download large enough to time.

      Yeah, but the ISP doesn't provide a test and I don't know anyone using the
      same ISP with the same speed as I have. I get some webspace with them, but
      only 10 MB, so of no use for this. The fastest I've gotten so far is 1.9
      MB/s from a Swedish university server. That was fun!

      I was thinking there was a way of knowing what one could expect. Anyone
      else with the same speed? What do you get?

      Thank you,
      Lotta
    • Barry
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 22, 2006
        There are a number of freeware speed test programs out there and a place to
        start is http://www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

        Take care. Barry UK

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 23, 2006
          Barry wrote:
          >There are a number of freeware speed test programs out there and a place to
          >start is http://www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

          Thanks, Barry. I didn't know that site before. I already have some speed
          test programs, but they don't really tell me much since I don't have
          anything to compare with. Oh well, it's a whole lot faster than I had. I
          guess I should be pleased.