Re: [NTO] Gmane - Mail Lists to News Gateway

  • Adrien Verlee
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 18, 2006
      Op di, 18-04-2006 te 16:45 +1000, schreef David Smart:
      > My feeling would be that it is exposing the group members to a wider
      > audience than they are signed up for. Certainly without their
      > consent, but possibly also without their knowledge.
      >
      > Given concerns over news list trolling and spamming, I for one would
      > certainly not be posting to a Yahoo group that is linked to a news
      > gateway without my active consent.
      >
      > Also, there's a very good possibility that it violates Yahoo groups
      > rules. (Haven't looked, so this is just speculation.)

      I agree! Please keep the mailinglist has it is now. Thank you.
      --
      adrien
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 18, 2006
        Hi David and Adrien,

        >My feeling would be that it is exposing the group members to a
        >wider audience than they are signed up for. Certainly without
        >their consent, but possibly also without their knowledge.
        >
        >Given concerns over news list trolling and spamming, I for one
        >would certainly not be posting to a Yahoo group that is linked to
        >a news gateway without my active consent.

        Thanks for your feedback. Just a few negative responses is plenty
        for me to tell us that we should not do it. Normally, I have
        learned, that only a very small percentage of people actually
        post messages with their comments, to report bugs, etc. than
        actually have the same feelings/problems... It's even worse with
        web site errors. I have had front page spelling errors or broken
        links reported to me that have been like that for 5-10 years to
        give you an example.

        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm