Re: [NTO] Gmane - Mail Lists to News Gateway

  • David Smart
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 17, 2006
      My feeling would be that it is exposing the group members to a wider audience than they are signed up for. Certainly without their consent, but possibly also without their knowledge.

      Given concerns over news list trolling and spamming, I for one would certainly not be posting to a Yahoo group that is linked to a news gateway without my active consent.

      Also, there's a very good possibility that it violates Yahoo groups rules. (Haven't looked, so this is just speculation.)

      Regards, Dave S
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 18, 2006
        Op di, 18-04-2006 te 16:45 +1000, schreef David Smart:
        > My feeling would be that it is exposing the group members to a wider
        > audience than they are signed up for. Certainly without their
        > consent, but possibly also without their knowledge.
        >
        > Given concerns over news list trolling and spamming, I for one would
        > certainly not be posting to a Yahoo group that is linked to a news
        > gateway without my active consent.
        >
        > Also, there's a very good possibility that it violates Yahoo groups
        > rules. (Haven't looked, so this is just speculation.)

        I agree! Please keep the mailinglist has it is now. Thank you.
        --
        adrien
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 18, 2006
          Hi David and Adrien,

          >My feeling would be that it is exposing the group members to a
          >wider audience than they are signed up for. Certainly without
          >their consent, but possibly also without their knowledge.
          >
          >Given concerns over news list trolling and spamming, I for one
          >would certainly not be posting to a Yahoo group that is linked to
          >a news gateway without my active consent.

          Thanks for your feedback. Just a few negative responses is plenty
          for me to tell us that we should not do it. Normally, I have
          learned, that only a very small percentage of people actually
          post messages with their comments, to report bugs, etc. than
          actually have the same feelings/problems... It's even worse with
          web site errors. I have had front page spelling errors or broken
          links reported to me that have been like that for 5-10 years to
          give you an example.

          http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm