Re: Windows Explorer Files Extremely Slow Opening

  • abairheart
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 10, 2006
      --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, Jody <kjv-av1611@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > Recently, my Windows Explorer is taking forever to populate the
      > file side when I'm in the Folder view for the sidebar thingie.

      If you have different drives involved, look at the drive properties,
      do a defrag CHECK, and look at the report.

      See how many of the MFT (master file table) you have in use. This is
      hidden in the bottom part of the first part of the report.

      When you get into the 90 percentiles, your PC may slow to a crawl.

      Only fix: fewer files (get rid of deadwood, backups, recycle bin, etc).

      Abair