RE: [NTO] IS IT POSSIBLE?

  • sisterscape
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 23, 2006
      --- Chris Dart <c.dart@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Sisterscape seems to agree with my findings except that Acronis
      > particularly suggest you use a second internal drive if you have one
      > for the Secure Zone!
      > Its the basis for safety against disk failure - I have never had a
      > problem with Secure Zone on any internal disk - usually different to
      > my C drive. (not just partition, physically different drive)

      I understood that a Secure Zone is only needed when the only option is
      to backup on the PRIMARY disk. A secure zone is not needed or
      recommended on secondary disks. And yes, it makes sense to have an
      image apart from the primary disk in case of disk failure.

      > I agree that the safest way to get a backup onto DVD is to ignore the
      > Acronis DVD making system and save DVD sized chunks on one of the
      > hard drives, then burn these to DVD. Acronis will make the DVD sized
      > chunks with no problem (4.35 gb), its the external communication that
      > seems to be sticky.

      I've never tried backing up to DVD but the method Chris described is
      the one that I would use.

      sisterscape

      http://mail.yahoo.com