Re: [NTB] Getting tabs to match notepad?

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15 3:57 AM
      Hi Jeffery, Matt... again :)

      >>> Is their some cache or something that I can clear? How on earth
      >>> does it remember the tab setting for that particular file?
      >
      >If I remember correctly, there is a bug in certain cases that use
      >the Wrap to Column feature, but I don't have the message handy
      >right now. NoteTab remembers the settings for each document in
      >the NotePro.FPR file in its main folder. (NoteTab.FVR for NoteTab
      >Std/Light version.)
      >
      >> I never used wrap to column. The file in question is under
      >> revision control, so I can't delete it and make a new one
      >> somewhere else. I tried deleting the file where it was and re-
      >> adding it, but that doesn't help. There must be some secret
      >> settings file somewhere that I can clear to make it forget.....
      >> Anyone know or am I doomed to open that file in Notepad.

      If it is not in the FVR files, then it is most likely getting it
      from the ServicePackFiles, and/or the System folder, or perhaps
      the dll folder. It is most likely the Windows System Fault
      protection so that we dummies have a harder time breaking a
      perfectly good working installation. :)

      Please, take this over to the Off Topic list when Replying. I
      copied that list this message. TIA Sign up for it below in the
      footer, or do a quick signup bypassing the browsers/yahoogroups
      signup by going to: http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
      Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.notetab.net/faq/ntb

      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
    • Bruce Meyers
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15 5:39 AM
        NEW moved to NTO
        Matt, have you tried just highlighting the whole file and copying and pasting it into a new file - a NoteTab file and then seeing what happens with the tabs? If it is a real Notepad file there is no hidden code in the file so you would just be copying the words/numbers and then pasting them into a new file that you control. You can open this new file in NoteTab and can forget Notepad (for this file anyway).