Re: Fat Taskbar

  • Phil
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
      --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <ebrown1927@...> wrote:

      > My grandson was over playing with my computer. Now the taskbar is at
      least
      > one inch wide instead of the normal 3/8" wide. My wife caught him
      punching
      > buttons and when she ask him what he was doing he said he was trying
      to make
      > his picture come up. I have a slide show that has a number of
      pictures of
      > family members on it along with his. His passed by and he wanted to
      see it
      > again. I have no idea what he did and I cannot get the taskbar at
      the bottom
      > of the screen to return to it's normal size. I had this problem once
      > several years ago and forgot what I did to get it back.
      > Thanks
      > Ed

      Ed, when hovering the mouse pointer over the taskbar at the bottom,
      right click and make sure that there is no check mark beside the "Lock
      the Taskbar".

      If there is one, left click on the "Lock the Taskbar" to remove the check.

      Then hover your mouse over the top edge of the bar and the mouse
      pointer should change to a vertical line with an arrow head on each end.

      LEFT click and hold the mouse button, then move your mouse upwards and
      you should see the bar get bigger, do the opposite to make it smaller.
      Let go of the mouse button once you are done.

      Once finished, right click on the taskbar again, and left click beside
      "Lock the Taskbar" to lock it again so that it can't be changed.

      Hope this helps,

      P.
      > The whole world doth err save you and me, and even thou doest err some!
      > -- Unknown

    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
        first congratulate the little tyke and encourage him to use computers!
        second what he said except I think you need to RIGHT click on the
        taskbar where there isn't anything going on (like the lower right
        corner) and then click to unlock if lock toolbar is checked

        once unlocked, then you can hover over the top edge of the toolbar to
        get the arrows click to hold and drag it
      • Ed
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
          Don,
          Worked perfectly, thanks