Fat Taskbar

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
      My grandson was over playing with my computer. Now the taskbar is at least
      one inch wide instead of the normal 3/8" wide. My wife caught him punching
      buttons and when she ask him what he was doing he said he was trying to make
      his picture come up. I have a slide show that has a number of pictures of
      family members on it along with his. His passed by and he wanted to see it
      again. I have no idea what he did and I cannot get the taskbar at the bottom
      of the screen to return to it's normal size. I had this problem once
      several years ago and forgot what I did to get it back.
      Thanks
      Ed

      The whole world doth err save you and me, and even thou doest err some!
      -- Unknown
    • Phil
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
        --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <ebrown1927@...> wrote:

        > My grandson was over playing with my computer. Now the taskbar is at
        least
        > one inch wide instead of the normal 3/8" wide. My wife caught him
        punching
        > buttons and when she ask him what he was doing he said he was trying
        to make
        > his picture come up. I have a slide show that has a number of
        pictures of
        > family members on it along with his. His passed by and he wanted to
        see it
        > again. I have no idea what he did and I cannot get the taskbar at
        the bottom
        > of the screen to return to it's normal size. I had this problem once
        > several years ago and forgot what I did to get it back.
        > Thanks
        > Ed

        Ed, when hovering the mouse pointer over the taskbar at the bottom,
        right click and make sure that there is no check mark beside the "Lock
        the Taskbar".

        If there is one, left click on the "Lock the Taskbar" to remove the check.

        Then hover your mouse over the top edge of the bar and the mouse
        pointer should change to a vertical line with an arrow head on each end.

        LEFT click and hold the mouse button, then move your mouse upwards and
        you should see the bar get bigger, do the opposite to make it smaller.
        Let go of the mouse button once you are done.

        Once finished, right click on the taskbar again, and left click beside
        "Lock the Taskbar" to lock it again so that it can't be changed.

        Hope this helps,

        P.
        > The whole world doth err save you and me, and even thou doest err some!
        > -- Unknown

      • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
          first congratulate the little tyke and encourage him to use computers!
          second what he said except I think you need to RIGHT click on the
          taskbar where there isn't anything going on (like the lower right
          corner) and then click to unlock if lock toolbar is checked

          once unlocked, then you can hover over the top edge of the toolbar to
          get the arrows click to hold and drag it
        • Ed
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
            Don,
            Worked perfectly, thanks