Re: [NTO] IE7 Beta2 public release

  • sisterscape
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 2, 2006
      I've decided that I'm going to wait a bit before starting to rewrite
      code because there are so many bugs in it right now. When things get
      more sorted out some months down the line, I'll probably try to do a
      side-by-side version to begin testing. I suspect the final release
      won't be till the end of the year at the earliest. Since IE7
      currently breaks Juno, I can't overwrite IE6 in any case.

      On the MSDN blog it seems there are still some problems with
      margins/padding under certain circumstances. Hopefully that will get
      fixed. I usually avoid the box model problem by adding a separate
      div for padding rather than including it with the parent element.
      Those extra divs have saved BIG headaches.

      --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "Don - htmlfixit.com" <don@...>
      wrote:

      > Sister,
      >
      > I knew what you were talking about ... that "get a browser" was
      said
      > tongue in cheek in jest.
      > Humor sometimes misses the mark in email and perhaps I didn't get
      the
      > punchline correct.
      >
      > I had this very conversation with a client today:
      > Why code for seven when nobody has it yet? ... Because every new
      > computer will have it in about 3 months ... so why have to fix
      pages
      > later? Oh. End of conversation. I went to download it and realize
      my
      > main two computers won't run it ... Win NT and Win 2000. But I am
      > slowly equipping a new laptop, so I'll run it on that. I am
      wondering
      > from what my client said if in fact they fixed the broken box model
      so
      > that the same code will work on it as already works on Firefox.
      What