Re: [NTO] Re: Problem with WD hd

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2006
      I assume that your hardware ( the IDE controller if your drive is an IDE hard
      drive ) is late model enough so that it supports greater than 137 gig

      Mine, though not new, be a relatively late pentium 4 ( Intel 865 chipset
      motherboard )

      Just these 2 things on mine, to enable 48 bit in the registry and that, the
      driver issue.

      the first time I ran the setup it didn't work (no errors, no instructions)

      I then looked in device manager and noticed a MS driver being used for the new
      HD.

      I Then wondered about the driver and then found a driver on the cd disk that
      came with the HD.

      I then updated/installed a much newer driver from the cd disk (not digitally
      approved by MS) I said YES go ahead anyway and install this driver.

      then ran the setup once again and now it works and it also enables 48 bit in
      the registry.

      Alan.