Re: [Clip] Need clip to convert mixed-case file names to lowercase

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2006
      Wiz Feinberg wrote:
      > Greeting the group!
      >
      > I am a long time user of NoteTab Pro and use it to create and edit all
      > of my web pages. I have a product catalog (about 2800 items) in a
      > directory of it's own, and the file names consist of mixed-case
      > alpha-numerics. I would like to convert all of the uppercase letters
      > to lowercase, for all file names in this directory. Then, I will need
      > a clip to convert all hrefs to lowercase, to match the renamed file
      > names, inside all these files (they all have links to mixed-case
      > master catagory indexes).
      >
      > I wonder if there is an existing clip that will do this for me, for
      > all files in a particular directory? If not, does anybody in the group
      > have a custom script that can be modified to perform this renaming to
      > lowercase function? I would like to have separate functions for
      > converting the file names and internal link names, and be able to
      > specify all files within one directory only. This should work like the
      > universal search and replace, without opening all 2800+ files in NoteTab.
      >
      > After this is done I will need to create some powerful 301 rewrite
      > rules for the search bots so they can find and index the renamed files.

      http://www.1-4a.com/rename/
      A nice freeware utility that will rename files, make them all lower
      case, replace spaces with underscores or remove them, etc.
      It shows you what the new name will be.

      In notetab under view/options/click on html files tab/check make
      lowercase url's

      Your ftp software should also have an option you can check to convert
      all uploaded files to lowercase regardless of case on your local machine.

      I don't think you actually need a clip.

      CC: off topic for further discussion of matters other than a clip

      Don