*.HWP documents

  • DA
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29, 2000
      Hi All,

      Just got an e-mail from Asia and a *.HWP file was included as an
      attachment.

      When loaded into NoteTab I got the NoteTab warning about it possibly
      being a binary file, of course.

      Does anybody know what a *.HWP file should be viewed with?
      Is there a freebie viewer available?

      Among all the garbage on the screen I can see ASCII characters but each
      character is separated by a dot that looks the same as the space marker
      when you turn on NoteTab non printing characters. The difference is
      that they remain when you turn off the "show non printing" characters.

      The "almost" readable sections look something like this:

      ..I. .r.e.c.e.i.v.e.d. .y.o.u.r. .m.a.i.l. .a.n.d.

      But with the "space" dots instead of periods.
      Each line begins with two dots -- Some form of LF/CR pair?

      DA
    • Marco Bernardini
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 29, 2000

        Alle 03.03 Thursday 29/06/2000 -0700, DA ha mandato a Marco questo messaggio:

        >Just got an e-mail from Asia and a *.HWP file was included as an
        >attachment.

        HWP is the file format of Araea Hangul, the multi-lingual word processor
        that commands more than 70% of the Korean word processor market. With Namo
        HWP Viewer, you can view HWP documents even without having Araea Hangul
        installed on your computer, simply by opening them in your web browser. HWP
        Viewer preserves formats such as formulas, tables, drawings, letter colors,
        letter shapes, footnotes, etc. HWP Viewer may be used free of charge by end
        users.

        http://www.namo.com/products/viewer/index.html

        Bye!

        Marco Bernardini
      • DA
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 29, 2000
          Hi Marco,

          Thanks. That was fast.
          I seems that Namo doesn't have an English version yet.
          Wish I could help you with your PageMaker problem.

          DA
        • DA
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 30, 2000
            Hi Marco,

            I got an e-mail from Namo. They said their web site got messed up and
            the HWP viewer is actually available. They gave me a URL to download
            from. I was getting bored waiting for their 15 meg file to download so I
            thought I would let you know while waiting. The URL is:

            http://www.namo.co.kr/download/KorHomepage/NmView31.exe

            in case anyone else is interested.

            DA