Re: [NTO] Removing XP Pro

  • yg@majorsmile.com
    Message 1 of 37 , Jan 5, 2006
      OMG NoteTab runs under wine? I want to switch to Linux so badly but
      W98 works so well for me with NoteTab playing a major role- When does
      one ever find time to learn all this stuff? I will study your page
      Larry, thanks for the info, but right at the moment I don't even know
      if I have wine under Ubunto Breezy Badger or Mandrake community 10.

      Back to being a total N00b after all these years-

      Karen

      On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 21:23:29 -0500, Larry Hamilton brightened my day
      with:

      > Best of all, with wine, you can run NoteTab - and any other Fookes
      > product on Linux. There are only a few glitches I have experienced
      > with
      > NoteTab, but have not had time to update my NoteTab on Linux page
      > with
      > all the details. Here is my NoteTab on Linux page:
      > http://www.kairoscomputers.com/notetab/NoteTabLinuxAnalysis.php
      >
      > Except for a couple of programs I cannot get to run with wine, and
      > my
      > kids desire (they would say need) to play computer games, I only
      > boot
      > into Windows 2 or 3 times a month at home. I'm stuck with Windows at
      > work - at least I made them buy me NoteTab Pro! ;-)
      >
      > Larry Hamilton
      > Kairos Computer Solutions
      > http://www.kairoscomputers.com/

    • Julie
      Message 37 of 37 , Jan 7, 2006
        Hi Ed,

        In Filezilla, try using
        upload.Comcast.net as the Host, then your user name and password.
        Worked for me :-).

        Julie