Program Files that does not appear under Program Files

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2006
      I have some program files that does not appear under Program Files when I click on them. I must use Windows Explorer to find them on the Program Files. They are there and will open when clicked on. There is plenty of room for them to appear on Program Files but for some reason they remain invisible. How do I get them to show up on the list when I click on Start and All Programs. This is a misnomer for they do not appear under all progams as they should
      Ed

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2006
        Hi Ed,

        Not all programs add themselves to the Program Group list. Some
        are by option. For me, the easiest way to add a program to it is
        by going to Windows Explorer (or My Computer) and click on the
        program executable (program name.exe) and choose Copy on the
        right click content menu (Copy icon or Ctrl+C). Go to Documents
        and Settings and add it to All Users (or your regular user if you
        always open Windows using the same user). Right click in the
        right large area where the other programs are listed and choose
        "Paste as Shortcut." Here is the location for All Users by
        Windows default. (So, you want to right click at this location
        when in the right side large window in the Folders view.)

        C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\

        You can also browse to the program via Start | Settings | Taskbar

        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm