Re: [NTO] Re: [NTB] Search and replace on disk [OT]

  • sisterscape
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 30, 2005
      Thanks for the tut. I backup to an internal HD, an external HD and
      image the disk about once a month. ;) After using pro all day, I have
      some comments that I'll post to the basic list.

      --- "Don - htmlfixit.com" <don@...> wrote:

      > sisterscape wrote:
      > > Thanks, John. BTW, I finally downloaded NTPro last night. Haven't
      > > figured out how or found the courage to do the disk search and
      > replace
      > > yet. Don't want to make a big boo-boo. ;)
      > >

      > First always do major search and replace functions after you made a
      > backup copy. Preferably burn a copy to cd and/or make a copy in a
      > totally different directory.
      >
      > Search and replace is easy. Click search/search disk on the menu
      > bar,
      > or hit control + d. That will open the find dialog, but it has two
      > tabs. The hidden tab is the search and replace. First use confirm
      > and
      > watch the changes to be sure it is working correctly. After you are
      > confident, you can then hit change all.
      >
      > Don

      > --------------------~-->
      > Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job). Welcome to the Sweet
      > Life.
      > http://us.click.yahoo.com/KIlPFB/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/dkFolB/TM

      __________________________________
    • sisterscape
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 2, 2006
        Ah, the new year is upon us. Hope it's a good one for you.

        Yes, I'd like to try the free REL link checker. It would be great if
        you could send me a zip. Thanks.

        Sister

        --- John Zeman <john041650@...> wrote:

        > My apologies for the slow response Sister.
        >
        > I honestly do not know if the CSE html Validator link checker is only
        > available via the pro version, but my guess is that's the case. I
        > used to use the free REL link checker, however I'm not so sure it has
        > a free version any more either. If you're curious here's the link to
        > their web site:
        >
        > http://www.relsoftware.com/wlv/
        >
        > If interested, I do have the last, or at least one of the last free
        > versions of REL. If you want it send me a PM and I'll be glad to zip
        > and forward it onto you.
        >
        > Tidy is good at what it does, but it leaves a fair amount to be
        > desired in verifying valid html.
        >
        > John
        >

        > --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, sisterscape <sisterscape@y...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Actually, my new computer connects at 45. With the download
        > > accelerator, things move quite nicely. That's good because it's
        > not
        > > likely I'll be getting high speed any time soon for a number of
        > > reasons.
        > >
        > > Is the link checker only available in CSE pro? I'm just so used to
        > > Tidy and don't like change . . .

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • John Zeman
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 2, 2006
          --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, sisterscape <sisterscape@y...> wrote:

          > Ah, the new year is upon us. Hope it's a good one for you.
          >
          > Yes, I'd like to try the free REL link checker. It would be great if
          > you could send me a zip. Thanks.
          >
          > Sister

          It's zipped, attached, and will on the way to you shortly Sister. FYI the zip file is 730Kb in size, not a monster by any means but it will take a few minutes to download.

          John