Re: [NTO] strangest message

  • Marco Bernardini
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 25, 2000

      Alle 22.44 Saturday 24/06/2000 -0700, DA ha mandato a Marco questo messaggio:

      >I got an almost identical message via fax about 5 years ago. I called
      >the FBI and they had already known about it for some time.

      Do you think in Langley there are lots of bank accounts with 68,000,000 on
      them?

      >The scam
      >must be working or they wouldn't keep doing it. It is always the
      >Nigerians doing it.

      7 or 8 years ago there was a similar cheat in Turin, Italy.
      Some smart Nigerians send faxes to "wrong" (but carefully selected)
      numbers: e.g., if your number is 203075 they wrote on the letter "fax to
      203057" just like the fax was send by mistake.
      The text tells something like
      "Dear George, we need 10,000$ to corrupt the Minister to have the
      concession for the gold mine. Call me asap on 123456"
      A twenty men call that number to have a participation in the business ... a
      real gold mine, for those Nigerians.

      > To me this makes Nigeria sound like a good place
      >NOT to visit.

      Must be interesting: they must have money plantations, or otherwise they
      don't need all these bank accounts :-)

      Phil E. wrote:

      >DO NOT REPLY TO IT.

      Why not?
      I'm thinking to ask that guy to send me 68,000,000 cash via FedEx: usually
      I don't put my money in bank, so I can make a really BIG hole in the barn
      wall to hide money.
      BTW, what's the volume and weight of 68,000,000 in $1 bills?

      Bye!

      Marco Bernardini