Not Strangest Message

  • phil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2000
      Just a joke.
      ******************
      A man walked out into the street in New York, and managed to
      flag down a taxi just driving by.

      He got into the taxi, and the cabbie said, " Perfect timing.
      You're just like Dave."

      The passenger said, "Who?"

      The cabbie said, "Dave Bronson. Now there's a guy who did
      everything right. Like my coming along just when you needed
      a cab. It would have happened like that to Dave."

      The rider said, "Well, nobody's perfect."

      The cabbie said, "Dave was. He was a terrific athlete. He
      could have gone on the pro tour in golf. He could have played
      tennis with the best pros. He sang like an opera baritone,
      and danced like a Broadway star. He had a memory like a trap.
      Could remember everybody's birthday. He could fix anything,
      not like me. If I change even a fuse, I black out the whole
      neighborhood."

      The rider said, "No wonder you remember him."

      The cabbie said, "Well, no I never actually met Dave."

      The rider asked, "Then how do you know so much about him?"

      The cabbie exclaimed, " I married his widow!"