Re: [NTO] Re: Problem: 30 seconds to open txt file

    Message 1 of 44 , Dec 15, 2005
      Hi xtx222003 aka Corl, :)

      >Hi Jody, Quite an impressive laundry list here ;-)

      Well, I don't know if this is the problem, but I can add it too
      my "laundry list." :)

      If may have been mentioned, but go to View | Options | see if you
      have the feature checked to (from Help) - CAPS are my emphasis :)

      Check Changes on Activate
      Checks if documents have been modified by other applications when
      focus returns to NoteTab. turning this option off may
      significantly speed up the readiness of NoteTab after activation
      when it has floppy disk or network files open. The downside is
      that you are no longer warned if files have been modified by
      other programs.

      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
    • xtx222003
      Message 44 of 44 , Jul 25, 2006
        Hi Dave,

        Unfortunately NTP behaves the same with or without:
        * other programs operating,
        * libraries opened or installed,
        * antivirus on or off,
        * beta 5 same problem,
        * clicking on a txt file or opening it with in NTP.

        It doesn't happen with any other file type, only txt and html opened
        with NTP, and they are no larger than 20 KB.

        * I'm using Win XP Home sp2,
        * on a 1 year old computer,
        * with RAM to spare,
        * with a LAN that serves everything else up including my music
        without a hitch,
        * all virus and spyware free.

        So it would appear to be specific to NTP and not my computer.

        Possibly the fact that I have to resort to using the rrNotepad.clb to
        force the replacing of Notepad with NoteTab may have something to do
        with it? But, even when I turn this off it still takes the same time
        to open a file.

        I love NTP, but this behavior is a real show stopper. My work demands
        that I am able to get into files in a timely manner.

        Any ideas besides OS transplant are welcome. I really don't want to
        leave NTP, but I'm getting anxious as a mega project is looming, and
        need some text editing program as simple and easy to work with as
        NTP. All suggestions will be welcomed with open arms.

        Thanks,
        Corl