Re: [NTO] NoteTab and usb/ipod drives

  • abairheart
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 14, 2005
      I've encountered a similar problem, and solved it with a
      batchfile to start NoteTab from the target drive.

      To find the correct drive letter, just loop through the list of
      possible driveletters, and exit the loop when you find the target.

      As target you can use a filename on the USB drive, or a folder,
      or other ID.

      Something like (syntax may be off a bit):

      rem long line --------->8-------------
      for %i in (list of drive letters) do ifexist %%i:\id.txt set USBDV=%%
      i & GOTO StartNoteTab
      rem end long line ----->8-------------

      the "&" in a batch command separates multiple commands on the same
      line

      Now you have the drive letter in an environement variable for the
      sesion of THIS BATCHFILE. If you start NoteTab within the batchfile,
      and make the batchfile wait for NoteTab to end, the envar will
      contain the drive letter the entire time.

      Abair