[NTO] Re: Problem: 30 seconds to open txt file

  • xtx222003
    Message 1 of 44 , Dec 7, 2005
      Hi Laurie,

      Yes, I have reinstalled, Scandisked and Defraged.

      I have an computer that is powerful enough to process DVD video and
      graphics. I've always thought that txt files were on the lowest end of
      the requirements spectrum. ???

      Thanks,
      Corl
    • xtx222003
      Message 44 of 44 , Jul 25, 2006
        Hi Dave,

        Unfortunately NTP behaves the same with or without:
        * other programs operating,
        * libraries opened or installed,
        * antivirus on or off,
        * beta 5 same problem,
        * clicking on a txt file or opening it with in NTP.

        It doesn't happen with any other file type, only txt and html opened
        with NTP, and they are no larger than 20 KB.

        * I'm using Win XP Home sp2,
        * on a 1 year old computer,
        * with RAM to spare,
        * with a LAN that serves everything else up including my music
        without a hitch,
        * all virus and spyware free.

        So it would appear to be specific to NTP and not my computer.

        Possibly the fact that I have to resort to using the rrNotepad.clb to
        force the replacing of Notepad with NoteTab may have something to do
        with it? But, even when I turn this off it still takes the same time
        to open a file.

        I love NTP, but this behavior is a real show stopper. My work demands
        that I am able to get into files in a timely manner.

        Any ideas besides OS transplant are welcome. I really don't want to
        leave NTP, but I'm getting anxious as a mega project is looming, and
        need some text editing program as simple and easy to work with as
        NTP. All suggestions will be welcomed with open arms.

        Thanks,
        Corl