[NTO] Re: Problem: 30 seconds to open txt file

  • xtx222003
    Message 1 of 44 , Dec 6, 2005
      Hi Jody, Quite an impressive laundry list here ;-)

      The only item you mentioned that made a difference was about the clip
      libraries. While I only had 3 very small clips loaded, I moved one of
      the library clips that acts as an "Off-line HTML Validator" that I
      found it at http://www.tuke.sk/podlubny/ov.html After moving it into
      a back up folder, things changed for the better. The first file I
      tried to open still took 30 seconds, but each file there after would
      open immediately.

      Oddly, I noticed that when I closed all the LAN files, and went to
      open a new LAN file -- it would again take 30 seconds to open, and
      again each file there after opened in a flash. This was quite
      consistent on both computers, even after rebooting. And odder still,
      if I moved up several folder levels on the LAN and into a new folder
      nest, NoteTab reverts back to taking 30 seconds for the first file
      and so on. This happen with or without the Libraries Bar being on.

      I noticed that NotePro.ini had all sort of clutter that appears
      unnecessary and could stand some house cleaning. I thought cleaning
      this up might help, but when I tried using the default.ini it didn't
      make any difference.

      So I have this almost solved (thanks a bunch!), how I can get both
      the first file to open as it should, as well as the first file in a
      new folder group?

      Thanks,
      Corl
    • xtx222003
      Message 44 of 44 , Jul 25, 2006
        Hi Dave,

        Unfortunately NTP behaves the same with or without:
        * other programs operating,
        * libraries opened or installed,
        * antivirus on or off,
        * beta 5 same problem,
        * clicking on a txt file or opening it with in NTP.

        It doesn't happen with any other file type, only txt and html opened
        with NTP, and they are no larger than 20 KB.

        * I'm using Win XP Home sp2,
        * on a 1 year old computer,
        * with RAM to spare,
        * with a LAN that serves everything else up including my music
        without a hitch,
        * all virus and spyware free.

        So it would appear to be specific to NTP and not my computer.

        Possibly the fact that I have to resort to using the rrNotepad.clb to
        force the replacing of Notepad with NoteTab may have something to do
        with it? But, even when I turn this off it still takes the same time
        to open a file.

        I love NTP, but this behavior is a real show stopper. My work demands
        that I am able to get into files in a timely manner.

        Any ideas besides OS transplant are welcome. I really don't want to
        leave NTP, but I'm getting anxious as a mega project is looming, and
        need some text editing program as simple and easy to work with as
        NTP. All suggestions will be welcomed with open arms.

        Thanks,
        Corl