- Hi Jody, Quite an impressive laundry list here ;-) The only item you mentioned that made a difference was about the clip libraries. While I only had 3 veryMessage 1 of 44 , Dec 6, 2005View SourceHi Jody, Quite an impressive laundry list here ;-)
The only item you mentioned that made a difference was about the clip
libraries. While I only had 3 very small clips loaded, I moved one of
the library clips that acts as an "Off-line HTML Validator" that I
found it at http://www.tuke.sk/podlubny/ov.html After moving it into
a back up folder, things changed for the better. The first file I
tried to open still took 30 seconds, but each file there after would
Oddly, I noticed that when I closed all the LAN files, and went to
open a new LAN file -- it would again take 30 seconds to open, and
again each file there after opened in a flash. This was quite
consistent on both computers, even after rebooting. And odder still,
if I moved up several folder levels on the LAN and into a new folder
nest, NoteTab reverts back to taking 30 seconds for the first file
and so on. This happen with or without the Libraries Bar being on.
I noticed that NotePro.ini had all sort of clutter that appears
unnecessary and could stand some house cleaning. I thought cleaning
this up might help, but when I tried using the default.ini it didn't
make any difference.
So I have this almost solved (thanks a bunch!), how I can get both
the first file to open as it should, as well as the first file in a
new folder group?
- Hi Dave, Unfortunately NTP behaves the same with or without: * other programs operating, * libraries opened or installed, * antivirus on or off, * beta 5 sameMessage 44 of 44 , Jul 25, 2006View SourceHi Dave,
Unfortunately NTP behaves the same with or without:
* other programs operating,
* libraries opened or installed,
* antivirus on or off,
* beta 5 same problem,
* clicking on a txt file or opening it with in NTP.
It doesn't happen with any other file type, only txt and html opened
with NTP, and they are no larger than 20 KB.
* I'm using Win XP Home sp2,
* on a 1 year old computer,
* with RAM to spare,
* with a LAN that serves everything else up including my music
without a hitch,
* all virus and spyware free.
So it would appear to be specific to NTP and not my computer.
Possibly the fact that I have to resort to using the rrNotepad.clb to
force the replacing of Notepad with NoteTab may have something to do
with it? But, even when I turn this off it still takes the same time
to open a file.
I love NTP, but this behavior is a real show stopper. My work demands
that I am able to get into files in a timely manner.
Any ideas besides OS transplant are welcome. I really don't want to
leave NTP, but I'm getting anxious as a mega project is looming, and
need some text editing program as simple and easy to work with as
NTP. All suggestions will be welcomed with open arms.