Re: [NTO] External Monitors on Laptops

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 19, 2005
      From: Christine
      To: NoteTab Off-Topic
      Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 2:10 PM
      Subject: [NTO] External Monitors on Laptops

      Hi all!

      I've gone round and round trying to figure this out. It's not terribly
      important, but it is bugging me.
      I have a Dell Inspiron 8600. I want to use an external monitor on it. I
      can get it to work when the laptop is closed, but not when it's open.
      I would like to be able to do that.

      See, this system doesn't have a PS2 connection for a keyboard, so at this
      point, I have to keep the screen up to access both keyboard and mouse. I'll
      eventually find a PS2 to USB adaptor, I figure, to be able to attach both.

      I have so many systems at the moment, I want to stack my laptops and use a
      flat screen, larger monitor I have.
      Any ideas?

      And while we're talking, anyone know of a Dell support forum? I can't find
      what I recall to be linked to the Dell web site!
      I'm continuing to look..

      Thanks,
      Christine

    • Ed
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 19, 2005
        Sorry this was not supposed to have been sent
        Ed
[...]

        Accounting software program Estate program real software Software development program