Re: [NTO] External Monitors on Laptops

  • Jeffery Scism
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 18, 2005
      There should be a little "pin button" that gets depressed when the cover
      is closed, any way to depress it artificially? Mine is on the top of the
      keyboard near the hinge.

      ~~

      Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG

      (\o/)

    • Ed
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 19, 2005
        I've gone round and round trying to figure this out. It's not terribly
        important, but it is bugging me.
        I have a Dell Inspiron 8600. I want to use an external monitor on it. I
        can get it to work when the laptop is closed, but not when it's open.
        I would like to be able to do that.

        See, this system doesn't have a PS2 connection for a keyboard, so at this
        point, I have to keep the screen up to access both keyboard and mouse. I'll
        eventually find a PS2 to USB adaptor, I figure, to be able to attach both.

        I have so many systems at the moment, I want to stack my laptops and use a
        flat screen, larger monitor I have.
        Any ideas?

        And while we're talking, anyone know of a Dell support forum? I can't find
        what I recall to be linked to the Dell web site!
        I'm continuing to look..

        Thanks,
        Christine

      • Ed
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 19, 2005
          Sorry this was not supposed to have been sent
          Ed
[...]

          Accounting software program Estate program real software Software development program