[NTO] web accelerator WAS: Opera now FREE!

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 11, 2005
      Alec Burgess \(g\) wrote:
      > >> http://www.opera.com/accelerator/

      >I've got cable internet (my ISP claims 9Mbs - or is it 9MBs?) so I doubt it
      >would help me much. If anyone tries it pls let us know whether you see any
      >perceptible difference.

      Alec, I just found that Google has a free accelerator thingie. Optimized
      for broadband, they say. I'm just trying it and it does indeed seem to
      speed some pages up. I don't know, I'm getting a little uncomfortable with
      all this Google stuff on my computer so I'll probably get rid of it again
      when I'm through testing. Anyway, thought you wanted to know.
      <http://webaccelerator.google.com/>