Re: [NTO] Re: Free Calculator software with virtual Tape feature

  • Alec Burgess (g)
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2005
      As a former beta tester for it, I second Raimund's recommendation :-)
      It has some nice conversion routines in it too - eg lightyears to inches :-)
      :-)

      Unfortunately, PC Magazine utilities are no longer free, but you can get
      individual utilities for around $5.00 each or get a three-month or yearly
      unlimited license and d/l as many as you want.

      (Also, source code is no longer included for any of the PCMag utilities)

      Regards ... Alec
      --
      ; ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2005
        Alec,
        When you say "you can get individual utilities for around $5.00 each or get a three-month or yearly unlimited license and d/l as many as you want," what kind of utilities are these exactly. Years ago I used to pickup free disks at all kinds of retail stores and PC Mag and others had all kinds of disks that had maybe 20 or so utilities on them, but I never found many--back then--that were that good. Give me an example, if you will, of a few that I can d/l for $5 each. I may find exactly what I'm looking for. And where or what is the URL of the source for the d/l's? Thanks.
        Blake
        mooney_rb@...

        "Alec Burgess (g)" <buralex@...> wrote:
        As a former beta tester for it, I second Raimund's recommendation :-)
        It has some nice conversion routines in it too - eg lightyears to inches :-)
        :-)

        Unfortunately, PC Magazine utilities are no longer free, but you can get
        individual utilities for around $5.00 each or get a three-month or yearly
        unlimited license and d/l as many as you want.

        Tell your friends to use these sites even though they're under construction:

        America's Greatest Cardiologist: http://www.drgeorgeburch.org

        Where Is My Doctor: http://www.whereismydoctor.orh

        Altitude Rated Places: http://www.altitude-rated-places.com

        My Crazy Legs: http://www.mycrazylegs.com

      • Alec Burgess (g)
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2005
          Hi Blake:
          > Unfortunately, PC Magazine utilities are no longer free,
          > but you can get
          > individual utilities for around $5.00 each or get a
          > three-month or yearly
          > unlimited license and d/l as many as you want.

          > Give me an example, if you
          > will, of a few that I can d/l for $5 each. I may find
          > exactly what I'm looking for. And where or what is the
          > URL of the source for the d/l's

          PC Magazine Utilities From AZ
          Can't find the utility you're looking for? Browse through our alphabetical
          list
          of utilities from the past 5 years.
          www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1937,00.asp
          <<

          These are the one's I've currently got loaded for easy access in my
          taskbar-menu. I've put a star next to the ones I think are most
          interesting/useful:

          AutoWhat
          BHO Cop *
          COA2 *