Re: [NTO] Free Calculator software with virtual Tape feature

  • Carl Swann
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 3, 2005
      --- Larry Hamilton <lmh@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone know of a good free calculator program
      > with a virtual Tape
      > function?

      Hi Larry... I like CDML, free & beefy (there are 2
      versions, take the free one :-)

      http://www.cdml.com/products/calculator.asp

      Regards,
      Carl

      __________________________________
      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • bubblefisch2002
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 3, 2005
        Hi Larry,
        I once downloaded the TapeCalc 2 by Neil J. Rubenking and I think it
        is the thing you are looking for.

        Raimund

        First Published in PC Magazine, US Edition, August, 2002, v21n14
        TapeCalc, Version 2.0
        Platforms: Windows 95/98/Me/NT4/2000/XP

        License Information:
        The programs presented in PC Magazine are copyrighted and cannot be
        copied or distributed or modified for any purpose, except that a
        single copy may be made for archival purposes only. Use of the
        programs is subject to the terms and conditions of the license
        agreement distributed with the programs.

        The standard Windows calculator was upgraded between Windows 3.1 and
        Windows 95, but it hasn't changed noticeably since then. It offers a
        variety of advanced features that most users don't use, like the
        ability to enter hexadecimal numbers or take the hyperbolic sine of
        pi. Yet it lacks the most important feature found in an old-fashioned
        desk calculator: a tape to record the entered numbers and results.
        TapeCalc 2 is a practical desktop calculator with a "smart" tape that
        records your calculations and lets you correct any errors. Its built-
        in unit-conversion feature provides automatic conversion between
        dozens of different units of measurement. TapeCalc was written by
        Neil J. Rubenking, and first appeared in PC Magazine August, 2002
        (v21n14). Source code is included.
      • Larry Hamilton
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 3, 2005
          Raimund,

          Thanks for the information. I do not think the license is free for
          commercial use.

          Larry Hamilton
          Kairos Computer Solutions
          http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
          Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus

          bubblefisch2002 wrote:

          >Hi Larry,
          >I once downloaded the TapeCalc 2 by Neil J. Rubenking and I think it
          >is the thing you are looking for.
          >
          >Raimund
          >

          >First Published in PC Magazine, US Edition, August, 2002, v21n14
          >TapeCalc, Version 2.0
          >Platforms: Windows 95/98/Me/NT4/2000/XP
          >
          >License Information:
          >The programs presented in PC Magazine are copyrighted and cannot be
          >copied or distributed or modified for any purpose, except that a
          >single copy may be made for archival purposes only. Use of the
          >programs is subject to the terms and conditions of the license
          >agreement distributed with the programs.

          >The standard Windows calculator was upgraded between Windows 3.1 and
          >Windows 95, but it hasn't changed noticeably since then. It offers a
          >variety of advanced features that most users don't use, like the
          >ability to enter hexadecimal numbers or take the hyperbolic sine of
          >pi. Yet it lacks the most important feature found in an old-fashioned
          >desk calculator: a tape to record the entered numbers and results.
          >TapeCalc 2 is a practical desktop calculator with a "smart" tape that
          >records your calculations and lets you correct any errors. Its built-
          >in unit-conversion feature provides automatic conversion between
          >dozens of different units of measurement. TapeCalc was written by
          >Neil J. Rubenking, and first appeared in PC Magazine August, 2002
          >(v21n14). Source code is included.
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Larry Hamilton
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 3, 2005
            Thanks, Carl.

            I see what you mean by, "beefy", over 2MB. The license is only free for
            non-commercial use, so I cannot use it at work.

            I did determine that the one from moffsoft that I found yesterday is
            free for commercial use and does just what I need.

            Thanks to everyone for all their helpful suggestions!