DOPUS 6.2.5.11

  • Mordechai
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2005
      Hello,
      Some strange behavior with "DOPUS" (Directory Opus), whenever I right-click on a media file
      (MPEG, MPG, WMV), the program crashes and I have to restart it. (not the computer).
      I checked all the setings, all file associations, I even here and there rebooted voluntarly but it keeps on with this. I even ran "AntiVirus" scan.
      Note: Double-click on such a file activates the associated program - Windows Media Player (or other player)
      and this is OK.
      "Dopus" is not the default file-explorer/manager (nor windows-explorer), but I like it because of its many additional options.
      In "windows-explorer" it is OK.

      OS=windows XP pro+sp1.

      Will appreciate any advise.
      Thanks.
      Mordechai
      airflow@...

    • John Mitchell
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2005
        Mordechai

        I use DOpus all day long on an XP system and cannot replicate the
        problem you describe. The difference may be that you are running an old
        version. The latest and greatest is 8.1.0.8.

        Regards, John M

        Mordechai wrote:
        > Hello,
        > Some strange behavior with "DOPUS" (Directory Opus), whenever I
        > right-click on a media file
        > (MPEG, MPG, WMV), the program crashes and I have to restart it. (not
        > the computer).
        > I checked all the setings, all file associations, I even here and
        > there rebooted voluntarly but it keeps on with this. I even ran
        > "AntiVirus" scan.
        > Note: Double-click on such a file activates the associated program -
        > Windows Media Player (or other player)
        > and this is OK.
        > "Dopus" is not the default file-explorer/manager (nor
        > windows-explorer), but I like it because of its many additional options.
        > In "windows-explorer" it is OK.
        >
        > OS=windows XP pro+sp1.
        >
        > Will appreciate any advise.
        > Thanks.
        > Mordechai
        > airflow@...
      • John Zeman
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2005
          You took the words right out of my mouth John. I also use the current version of DOpus (all day long too, just like I do NoteTab) on an XP system and I have never had this problem either.

          Mordechai you may want to consider updating DOpus. There have been a LOT of great changes (including numerous bug fixes) made to it in version 8.

          John