Re: [NTO] probles with email via yahoo.com

  • r. blake mooney
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2005
      Don,

      Thanks for the tip. That's a great site. Never heard of it. Too bad they don't advertize more. How'd you find it anyway?

      I downloaded CLAMWIN and AVG both anti-virus FREE programs.

      Ran both and turned off PestPatrol and AVAST!. Then dumped all Cookies and TempFiles. But still can't paint, copy, and paste things smoothly. Maddening. I ran AdAware 3 times and about the only thing I'm missing is a powerful regedit program. I had a good one a couple months back but when changing out a bad drive to a new it got left behind in the mess on that dead drive. BTW, Ontrack wants $1200 to rebuild that "crashed" drive!!! Can't be done while they're "online."

      Thanks again.

      Blake

      mooney_rb@...

      "Don - htmlfixit.com" <don@...> wrote: r. blake mooney wrote:
      > Anyone have any ideas on what it means when Yahoo!.com Mail becomes erattic in many ways: 1). can't control where cursor is placed as it wanders as I type; 2). can sometimes attach articles/photos but more than likely can't as it "slips" into a black hole; 3). can't generally copy and paste text into body of email but when I can it wants to go 2 or 3 inches below where it is placed; 4). SEND and INCOMING stack up in weird positions and seldom as I want--by date--and when it does line up as I want it doesn't stay or hasn't remained as I placed it.

      Run virus stuff. Make sure you have adequate disk space.
      See http://tips.littlehosting.com/ for some ideas that may help
      including free ware for most of a project like I suspect you are about
      to engage in. Try clearing all caches as well.

      Don