probles with email via yahoo.com

  • r. blake mooney
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2005
      Anyone have any ideas on what it means when Yahoo!.com Mail becomes erattic in many ways: 1). can't control where cursor is placed as it wanders as I type; 2). can sometimes attach articles/photos but more than likely can't as it "slips" into a black hole; 3). can't generally copy and paste text into body of email but when I can it wants to go 2 or 3 inches below where it is placed; 4). SEND and INCOMING stack up in weird positions and seldom as I want--by date--and when it does line up as I want it doesn't stay or hasn't remained as I placed it.

      The computer is running slower than usual and several other programs are acting up and oddly--all have difficulty with the paint>copy>paste function of the particular program I'm in. In Yahoo! mail copying and pasting is impossible! The area of text or photo copied by the paint maneuver jumps across the page or squirms downward and locks onto another area other than what I want.

      In other words, the thing acts insane--without reason. Is this a new virus I missed out on because of the hurricane and the down time or does it belong to the cable company--Time-Warner's RoadRunner--or just my computer being killed by some virus?

      Any help would be appreciated as I'm the only one in this area with a computer once p[owerful enough to list several databases of names and associated ID.

      Blake Mooney
      mooney@...

    • Don - htmlfixit.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2005
        r. blake mooney wrote:
        > Anyone have any ideas on what it means when Yahoo!.com Mail becomes erattic in many ways: 1). can't control where cursor is placed as it wanders as I type; 2). can sometimes attach articles/photos but more than likely can't as it "slips" into a black hole; 3). can't generally copy and paste text into body of email but when I can it wants to go 2 or 3 inches below where it is placed; 4). SEND and INCOMING stack up in weird positions and seldom as I want--by date--and when it does line up as I want it doesn't stay or hasn't remained as I placed it.

        Run virus stuff. Make sure you have adequate disk space.
        See http://tips.littlehosting.com/ for some ideas that may help
        including free ware for most of a project like I suspect you are about
        to engage in. Try clearing all caches as well.

        Don
      • r. blake mooney
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7, 2005
          Don,

          Thanks for the tip. That's a great site. Never heard of it. Too bad they don't advertize more. How'd you find it anyway?

          I downloaded CLAMWIN and AVG both anti-virus FREE programs.

          Ran both and turned off PestPatrol and AVAST!. Then dumped all Cookies and TempFiles. But still can't paint, copy, and paste things smoothly. Maddening. I ran AdAware 3 times and about the only thing I'm missing is a powerful regedit program. I had a good one a couple months back but when changing out a bad drive to a new it got left behind in the mess on that dead drive. BTW, Ontrack wants $1200 to rebuild that "crashed" drive!!! Can't be done while they're "online."

          Thanks again.

          Blake

          mooney_rb@...