Re: Mysterious Green Tab (for Srish Agrawal)

  • experiencengine@softhome.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2005
      Srish,

      I just tried Clipboard Magic and it seems to only work with plain text.
      I have Yankee Clipper III and it works with text, images and RTF.

      As far as I can tell, neither of them will do the automatic paste in an
      application as you request.

      I heard about ClipCache Plus and I am trying it out. It DOES do
      autopaste with text, images, and RTF to any application into which you
      can paste. It has plugins, one of which allows importing files in to the
      ClipCashe database. You can store and edit what you copy.

      Check out their text cleanup demo page. Here's a snip from the site:

      --------------------------------
      Text Cleanup

      A Cleanup Text dialog box allows multiple formatting operations (see below)
      to be performed in one-click. Your favourite cleanup settings can
      be saved as pre-sets for later use and are available for quick and easy
      on the toolbar.

      Text clips may also be formatted in many ways:

      * Trim '>' indentation (ideal for heavily quoted email/newsgroup
      text)
      * Trim '|' indentation
      * Trim ':' indentation
      * Trim space indentation
      * Trim tab indentation
      * Trim custom character indentation
      * Make upper case
      * Make lower case
      * Transpose case
      * Sentence case
      * Sentence strict case
      * Word case
      * Word strict case
      * Remove empty lines
      * Remove linebreaks
      * Remove CR/LFs
      * Paragraph spacing
      * MIME %nn and =nn decoding (frequently used in URLs)
      * Strip < > from email addresses
      * Strip 'HTML tags' and convert ampersand codes
      * Trim Left
      * Trim Right

      Here is where it is:

      http://www.xrayz.co.uk/clipcache/?page=default