Re: Long web pages [was: Working with Adobe PDF docs.]

  • Carol Whitney
    Message 1 of 37 , Sep 4, 2005
      At 00:10 05-09-05 +0100, Greg Chapman wrote:
      >If you "View Source" on any page on the site you'll see that the
      >relevant
      >line about style sheets is:
      >
      ><LINK rel="stylesheet" href="prneastwalton.css" type="text/css"
      >media="print">
      >
      >You know that the site is at:
      >
      >http://www.eastwalton.fsworld.co.uk/
      >
      >so just point your browser at:
      >
      >http://www.eastwalton.fsworld.co.uk/prneastwalton.css
      >
      >and it should download into Internet Explorer, or whatever
      >application you have set to open CSS files.

      So I'm using Firefox; I avoid IE whenever possible. Using Opera
      sometimes too, but Firefox's Webdeveloper toolbar works better than
      Opera's does, so I use that most of the time.

      >Try the same technique on:
      >
      >http://www.seahawk17.plus.com/
      >
      >another of my sites which uses the same general technique.

      Thanks; I got that also. Need to study now! And figure out how to set
      things up so the visitor can choose. Well, I guess I also need to
      save your page source, so I'll do that too; it must have a place from
      which to choose.

      Firefox gave me a menu from the Webdeveloper toolbar from which to
      choose, but that wouldn't be how a person, say, using IE, would
      choose, nor one using a browser without Ff's webdeveloper toolbar. So
      I'll be back again.

      >I'll be away from my computer for a while after tomorrow, so there
      >may be a delay in responses from me.

      Well, I have too many delays (sometimes permanent) in replies - just
      because I get into severe overload, and can't do everything. I do try
      to reply to such helpful posts as yours <g>

      Thanks a million!

      Sun, 04 Sep 2005 16:44:24
      Carol Whitney
      http://www.coherentdog.org/
      *** I receive plain text only. To attach a file, notify me first. ***
    • Carol Whitney
      Message 37 of 37 , Sep 4, 2005