RE: [NTO] Re: Long web pages [was: Working with Adobe PDF docs.]

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 37 , Sep 4, 2005
      Hi Carole,

      > Greg, I'm hoping to get some time to work on putting together a print
      > media style sheet for my web site.
      >
      > What's the chance you could .ZIP up your print-media style sheet (is
      > it external? it looks as though it is)

      There should be no need for that!

      If you "View Source" on any page on the site you'll see that the relevant
      line about style sheets is:

      <LINK rel="stylesheet" href="prneastwalton.css" type="text/css"
      media="print">

      You know that the site is at:

      http://www.eastwalton.fsworld.co.uk/

      so just point your browser at:

      http://www.eastwalton.fsworld.co.uk/prneastwalton.css

      and it should download into Internet Explorer, or whatever application you
      have set to open CSS files.

      Try the same technique on:

      http://www.seahawk17.plus.com/

      another of my sites which uses the same general technique.

      I'll be away from my computer for a while after tomorrow, so there may be a
      delay in responses from me.

      Greg
    • Carol Whitney
      Message 37 of 37 , Sep 4, 2005
        At 00:10 05-09-05 +0100, Greg Chapman wrote:
        >If you "View Source" on any page on the site you'll see that the
        >relevant
        >line about style sheets is:
        >
        ><LINK rel="stylesheet" href="prneastwalton.css" type="text/css"
        >media="print">
        >
        >You know that the site is at:
        >
        >http://www.eastwalton.fsworld.co.uk/
        >
        >so just point your browser at:
        >
        >http://www.eastwalton.fsworld.co.uk/prneastwalton.css
        >
        >and it should download into Internet Explorer, or whatever
        >application you have set to open CSS files.

        So I'm using Firefox; I avoid IE whenever possible. Using Opera
        sometimes too, but Firefox's Webdeveloper toolbar works better than
        Opera's does, so I use that most of the time.

        >Try the same technique on:
        >
        >http://www.seahawk17.plus.com/
        >
        >another of my sites which uses the same general technique.

        Thanks; I got that also. Need to study now! And figure out how to set
        things up so the visitor can choose. Well, I guess I also need to
        save your page source, so I'll do that too; it must have a place from
        which to choose.

        Firefox gave me a menu from the Webdeveloper toolbar from which to
        choose, but that wouldn't be how a person, say, using IE, would
        choose, nor one using a browser without Ff's webdeveloper toolbar. So
        I'll be back again.

        >I'll be away from my computer for a while after tomorrow, so there
        >may be a delay in responses from me.

        Well, I have too many delays (sometimes permanent) in replies - just
        because I get into severe overload, and can't do everything. I do try
        to reply to such helpful posts as yours <g>

        Thanks a million!

        Sun, 04 Sep 2005 16:44:24
        Carol Whitney
        http://www.coherentdog.org/
        *** I receive plain text only. To attach a file, notify me first. ***