RE: [NTB] Mysterious Green Tab (for Srish Agrawal)

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2005
      > > I know of one, though there are probably many. Try Clipboard
      > Magic from
      > > CyberMatrix.com.
      >
      > Another (excellent) clipboard utility is Yankee Clipper
      > (www.intellexual.com), freeware and trialware/payware.

      And my favourite is ClipTray (http://cliptray.levillage.org/) freeware from
      a French author, hence the strange vocabulary in places. Here's the feature
      list:

      =============
      Clipboard History :

      CLIPTRAY is placed as an icon in the Windows® Taskbar (next to the horloge).
      By this icon you can access the "Clipboard History". This history contains
      all the Clipboard copy/cut operations from other programs. You can also open
      this history by a hot key of your choice (for example : ALT+V).

      With this history you can easily replace an old copied item in the Clipboard
      and re-use it in your programs.

      CLIPTRAY supports multiple Clipboard formats.

      A Personal History is also available. It can store your persistent "Clips".

      Standard Functions :

      An entry in the "Clipboard History" is called a "Clip". By a context menu of
      a Clip you can access a serie of fonctionnabilities. Then a Clip can be
      renamed, deleted (or clear all the Clips at once), sent by mail.

      When it's a Text Clip you can change its contents in UPPERCASE, lowercase,
      Sentence case, Mixed Case, ...

      When it's a Link Clip you can open it in same or a new browser window.

      You can also view a preview who give you also the properties of a Clip :

      Format (Text, RTF, HTML, ...)
      Source (If is available it's the application who set the Clip in the
      Clipboard)
      Length of the contents (Text, RTF, HTML and Link), Size for image and number
      of objects for Files
      State (Currently or not in the Clipboard)
      Date and Time of the captured Clip
      Other Stuffs :

      CLIPTRAY can also :
      Take a Screen capture or Window capture.
      Empty the Clipboard.
      Start automatically with Windows®.
      =============

      Greg
    • experiencengine@softhome.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2005
        Srish,

        I just tried Clipboard Magic and it seems to only work with plain text.
        I have Yankee Clipper III and it works with text, images and RTF.

        As far as I can tell, neither of them will do the automatic paste in an
        application as you request.

        I heard about ClipCache Plus and I am trying it out. It DOES do
        autopaste with text, images, and RTF to any application into which you
        can paste. It has plugins, one of which allows importing files in to the
        ClipCashe database. You can store and edit what you copy.

        Check out their text cleanup demo page. Here's a snip from the site:

        --------------------------------
        Text Cleanup

        A Cleanup Text dialog box allows multiple formatting operations (see below)
        to be performed in one-click. Your favourite cleanup settings can
        be saved as pre-sets for later use and are available for quick and easy
        on the toolbar.

        Text clips may also be formatted in many ways:

        * Trim '>' indentation (ideal for heavily quoted email/newsgroup
        text)
        * Trim '|' indentation
        * Trim ':' indentation
        * Trim space indentation
        * Trim tab indentation
        * Trim custom character indentation
        * Make upper case
        * Make lower case
        * Transpose case
        * Sentence case
        * Sentence strict case
        * Word case
        * Word strict case
        * Remove empty lines
        * Remove linebreaks
        * Remove CR/LFs
        * Paragraph spacing
        * MIME %nn and =nn decoding (frequently used in URLs)
        * Strip < > from email addresses
        * Strip 'HTML tags' and convert ampersand codes
        * Trim Left
        * Trim Right

        Here is where it is:

        http://www.xrayz.co.uk/clipcache/?page=default