DOS 6.22

  • Mordechai
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 25 4:18 AM
      Hello,
      Sometimes there is a need for 'old' DOS, so searching the net I found a zip file which contains 3
      "dos62(1,2,3).img" files. I remember years ago on my first PC I had 3 1.44 diskettes with DOS 6.2.
      These .img files are the size of a 1.44 diskette, but how do I prepare these diskettes from the .img files.
      Or else where can I find this DOS in some other form.
      And 2:
      My two computers are connected each other (not always activated), when the connection is active and
      I right-click on a file or folder in the "Windows Explorer" (no matter which computer), it takes a"year" until the pop-up sub-menu opens.
      Is it normal or something wrong?
      (Almost forgot - OS=Windows XP pro+sp1)

      Any help will be much appreciated.
      Thanks.
      Mordechai M.
      airflow@...

    • Martin Webster on ntb-OffTopic
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 25 4:36 AM
        Hello Mordechai,

        On 25 August 2005, 12:18 you wrote:

        > These .img files are the size of a 1.44 diskette, but how do I
        > prepare these diskettes from the .img files.

        Try WinImage or Rawrite.

        --
        As ever,
        | \/ |_ _ _ _| |_(_)_ _
        | |\/| / ,`| '_| __| | ' \
        |_| |_\_,_|_| \__|_|_|_|

        "A man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything." EDWARD
        JOHN PHELPS, 12 January 1899
      • Chris Laarman
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 25 4:50 AM
          Martin Webster on ntb-OffTopic (lists@...), Thursday, August 25, 2005
          1:36 PM

          >> These .img files are the size of a 1.44 diskette, but how do I
          >> prepare these diskettes from the .img files.

          > Try WinImage or Rawrite.

          ... or one of the versions of EMT:
          http://dvalot.free.fr/emtcopy.htm
          (freeware, several languages and operating systems)

          --
          Chris Laarman
        • Chris Laarman
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 25 5:02 AM
            Mordechai (airflow@...), Thursday, August 25, 2005 1:18 PM

            > Sometimes there is a need for 'old' DOS, so searching the net I found
            > a zip file which contains 3
            > "dos62(1,2,3).img" files. I remember years ago on my first PC I had 3
            > 1.44 diskettes with DOS 6.2.
            > These .img files are the size of a 1.44 diskette, but how do I
            > prepare these diskettes from the .img files.
            > Or else where can I find this DOS in some other form.

            A competing DOS can be downloaded and used freely (for non-commercial
            purposes) through
            http://www.deltasoft.com/opendos.htm
            but I did not check the distribution format (disk images, archive files).

            I think that there are more "DOSses".

            A link that might be helpful, but whose downloads I did not check, is
            http://www.bootdisk.com/

            --
            Chris Laarman
          • abairheart
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 27 11:26 AM
              --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, Mordechai <airflow@n...> wrote:
              > And 2:
              > My two computers are connected each other (not always activated),
              when the connection is active and
              > I right-click on a file or folder in the "Windows Explorer" (no
              matter which computer), it takes a"year" until the pop-up sub-menu
              opens.
              > Is it normal or something wrong?
              > (Almost forgot - OS=Windows XP pro+sp1)

              Sounds like your OS is looking for non-existant network drive.
              Check your network drives, and see if you have the PC trying to re-
              establish a network drive to a folder that no longer exists, or some
              such thing.

              Abair