Re: [NTO] Working with Adobe PDF docs.

  • r. blake mooney
    Message 1 of 37 , Aug 18, 2005
      If you're designing web pages, the one problem I see all the time is that the webmaster has overloaded the image file--jpg or gif--consequently it loads slower than necessary. Yesterday, I had to finish adding 6 "pages" into one page--build 6 separate portions with their own images and text--then bring them into PaintShopPRO via the "capture" function, paste them together onto one "page," and save the resulting 5400 pixel long page as one file. I thought it was dumb and too long but the client liked it. Says they see a trend that way and there's less clicking back and forth. I don't know what the record length on one page is but I've bumped into a few almost three foot long. I base that on the fcat that my screen has a net 12 inch vertical view space, and I pulled the bar down from the top 3 times.
      Blake Mooney
      mooney_rb@...

      "Don - htmlfixit.com" <don@...> wrote:
      > I guess it is screen shot time, and (how do you get the Off screen
      > portion to capture?) jig saw puzzle time.

      yep kind of

      work on a really really high resolution monitor so you can get it all on
      for one capture at a time

    • Carol Whitney
      Message 37 of 37 , Sep 4, 2005
        At 00:10 05-09-05 +0100, Greg Chapman wrote:
        >If you "View Source" on any page on the site you'll see that the
        >relevant
        >line about style sheets is:
        >
        ><LINK rel="stylesheet" href="prneastwalton.css" type="text/css"
        >media="print">
        >
        >You know that the site is at:
        >
        >http://www.eastwalton.fsworld.co.uk/
        >
        >so just point your browser at:
        >
        >http://www.eastwalton.fsworld.co.uk/prneastwalton.css
        >
        >and it should download into Internet Explorer, or whatever
        >application you have set to open CSS files.

        So I'm using Firefox; I avoid IE whenever possible. Using Opera
        sometimes too, but Firefox's Webdeveloper toolbar works better than
        Opera's does, so I use that most of the time.

        >Try the same technique on:
        >
        >http://www.seahawk17.plus.com/
        >
        >another of my sites which uses the same general technique.

        Thanks; I got that also. Need to study now! And figure out how to set
        things up so the visitor can choose. Well, I guess I also need to
        save your page source, so I'll do that too; it must have a place from
        which to choose.

        Firefox gave me a menu from the Webdeveloper toolbar from which to
        choose, but that wouldn't be how a person, say, using IE, would
        choose, nor one using a browser without Ff's webdeveloper toolbar. So
        I'll be back again.

        >I'll be away from my computer for a while after tomorrow, so there
        >may be a delay in responses from me.

        Well, I have too many delays (sometimes permanent) in replies - just
        because I get into severe overload, and can't do everything. I do try
        to reply to such helpful posts as yours <g>

        Thanks a million!

        Sun, 04 Sep 2005 16:44:24
        Carol Whitney
        http://www.coherentdog.org/
        *** I receive plain text only. To attach a file, notify me first. ***