Re: [NTO] Working with Adobe PDF docs.

  • Jeffery Scism
    Message 1 of 37 , Aug 18, 2005
      John Zeman wrote:

      >-
      >

      >I have the full Acrobat program but I still extract the images the way Don suggests. I've found that when I extract images from within a pdf document using the Acrobat program, the images are not the original size (they're usually smaller) plus sometimes they come out sliced and diced into sections.
      >
      >John

      As far as I can see if the program is basicly "read only" the only valid
      reason to use it would be for things that you DON'T want others to
      extract. And the problem is that people send me stuff in that format TO
      extract and place on a website.

      I guess it is screen shot time, and (how do you get the Off screen
      portion to capture?) jig saw puzzle time.

      --
      ~~

      Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG

      I have Sturgis, and I am not afraid to use it.
    • Carol Whitney
      Message 37 of 37 , Sep 4, 2005
        At 00:10 05-09-05 +0100, Greg Chapman wrote:
        >If you "View Source" on any page on the site you'll see that the
        >relevant
        >line about style sheets is:
        >
        ><LINK rel="stylesheet" href="prneastwalton.css" type="text/css"
        >media="print">
        >
        >You know that the site is at:
        >
        >http://www.eastwalton.fsworld.co.uk/
        >
        >so just point your browser at:
        >
        >http://www.eastwalton.fsworld.co.uk/prneastwalton.css
        >
        >and it should download into Internet Explorer, or whatever
        >application you have set to open CSS files.

        So I'm using Firefox; I avoid IE whenever possible. Using Opera
        sometimes too, but Firefox's Webdeveloper toolbar works better than
        Opera's does, so I use that most of the time.

        >Try the same technique on:
        >
        >http://www.seahawk17.plus.com/
        >
        >another of my sites which uses the same general technique.

        Thanks; I got that also. Need to study now! And figure out how to set
        things up so the visitor can choose. Well, I guess I also need to
        save your page source, so I'll do that too; it must have a place from
        which to choose.

        Firefox gave me a menu from the Webdeveloper toolbar from which to
        choose, but that wouldn't be how a person, say, using IE, would
        choose, nor one using a browser without Ff's webdeveloper toolbar. So
        I'll be back again.

        >I'll be away from my computer for a while after tomorrow, so there
        >may be a delay in responses from me.

        Well, I have too many delays (sometimes permanent) in replies - just
        because I get into severe overload, and can't do everything. I do try
        to reply to such helpful posts as yours <g>

        Thanks a million!

        Sun, 04 Sep 2005 16:44:24
        Carol Whitney
        http://www.coherentdog.org/
        *** I receive plain text only. To attach a file, notify me first. ***