Re: [NTO] Re: [Clip] Newbie silly question; mkdir from list

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 20, 2005
      Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II wrote:
      > --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@p...> wrote:
      > delete.
      >
      >> ... here's a URL that I'm investigating now, you might try
      >> it also.
      >
      > Thanks for the link, it allowed me to figure out this solution...
      >
      > rmdir /S "\\?\C:\PROJECT\bhp\working\"
      >
      > That folder had the bad foldername in it. It was otherwise empty. I
      > got rid of the one above the one that had the problem.
      >
      > Sorry to be so dense, but I did not realize there was an "offtopic"
      > group to join and everytime I was told to take it off topic, I was
      > at a loss. I'm pretty quick, but not instantaneous. :-)

      Phillip,

      One of the possible cures I tried yesterday was to run - chkdsk c: /f.
      Chkdsk will only run on boot or reboot in XP. After the reboot my
      profile was gone, XP had created another profile named 'ADMINISTRATOR'
      which wasn't there before.

      My display mode was the XP default, all the rounded window corners and
      very different colors from my preferences.

      It looked like I had several days of copying and editing ahead of me
      but, then I remembered the 'Restore' software MS added, tried it and it
      brought back my original profile as it should have been. I deleted the
      new 'ADMIN...' profile that was auto-created and everything is back to
      normal.

      Glad to hear you found your cure, I took a couple of minutes while
      composing this and tried my stubborn folder, after converting the
      command to fit my case.

      My folder started out with a name identical to yours but to make it sort
      to the bottom of the of the folder list I renamed the folder and all the
      subs.

      This is the command I used - rmdir /s "\\?\c:\z\" - and it worked in my
      case also, thanks.

      ºvº
      05.07.20
      hrs > hsavage@...